For registrating the car in EU, car would need following to be street legal
- Instrument cluster
- Engine of your choice and engine wiring
Pictures, taken (08.2018)
Gallery opens correctly with Firefox, with Safari & Chrome, open in new window to see the high res pictures.
The hood closes correctly, it is raised to cool the engine. It can get hot here in Spain.
- VIN: WBSAK0306J2196048
- Manufactured: July, 1987
- US Spec
- Currently in Malaga, Spain.
- EU Import fees paid.
- Chassis has 150k kms, engine 12710kms after rebuild to current spec.
Engine and Engine Management
- Engine: Original S14, 2.3l. ~300hp.
- Redline 8500, valve train max 10000.
- Wiseco pistons, compression ratio 10:1
- Arrow titanium connecting rods
- Sequential Injection/Ignition
- Injector Dynamics ID750 injectors, fuel pressure 5 Bar.
- IGN-1A ignition coils
- Knock control
- Head ported, 300cfm flow
- 1mm larger intake valves than stock
- Exhaust valve stock
- 50mm intake
- 50mm DTM exhaust header with O2 sensor bungs for each cylinder.
- Schrick titanium retainers with 7mm Ferrari lash caps.
- Schrick 282/292 cams. Original stock cams come with the car.
- DTM Carbon intake plenum with carbon filter housing (John)
- Adjustable Intake/Exhaust cam sprockets
- MLS head gasket
- Drive by Wire(M3 E92 pedal, S62 servo)
- Sumitomo radiator
- ECU Controlled Electronic water pump (Temp, engine load)
- Meth/water injection controlled by the ECU. (2 years before BMW M4 GTS)
- Original Getrag 265 transmission
- Original Differential, 4.10
- 2disc 5.5" Quarter Master clutch. Organic discs, not metal.
- Aluminum flywheel with stock starter ring gear
- Clutch weight with flywheel: 5.5kg
- Stock master/slave cylinders
- Front: DTM copy, stock parts available.
- Rear: Stock, adjustable camber.
- Ground Control camber plates with adjustable Koni shocks
- Front and rear: Stock calibers and discs.
- Teves MK60 ABS and brake booster/master cylinder from E46 M3.
- Safety gage is bolted on, not welded and can be removed easily.
- No rust.
- Carbon fiber brake cooling ducts
- Paint: Fair, not perfect.
- Color: Salmon silver.
- Original sunroof, still operational
- Recaro Sportster seats with sliders
- No back seat
- Manual windows
- Engine Management: MoTeC M130 with eTesta BMW S14 M1 Engine Management software
- Power distribution: MoTeC PDM30
- Cluster: MoTeC C125
- Stock wiring.
- All lights are functional and stock.
- Heater and driver controls are still stock and functional thru MoTeC PDM.
- Electronic steering pump. (Assist varies based on speed, steering angle)
- Traction control.
- Launch control.
- 18" TSW
- No spacer
Lap with data, August 2018.
Here is one recent lap with the engine vitals. Unfortunately, the sound didn't work well. See the Foot video, it has the sound.